Visit by GES
Since I worked on this project, there has been a redesign (possibly including migrating to new tooling), and additional assets created. Much of the written content is still my work (as of 25 October 2021).
Visit by GES provide software for event registration, event intelligence and lead management. They're focused on large, in-person events, both business-to-business and business-to-customer.
I worked for them from November 2019 to August 2020. In that time I completely overhauled their end user documentation, introduced new docs formats, and simplified their docs setup and processes.
Over the course of nine months I:
- Managed the docs tooling, especially the new project setup in MadCap Flare. This included decisions around how to handle style re-use, and how to make the docs easier for other people to work on.
- Wrote all-new webhelps for their three web applications: Visit, Visit Connect and Visit Account. This accompanied the release of Visit 4, and provided both fresh content and fresh branding.
- Worked on context sensitive help for Visit, using MadCap Flare.
- Consulted on ways to improve usability and onboarding experiences. This included invesitigating a possible new product direction (a self-service option), and submitting a proposal for a certification course.
- Provided input on UI copy.
- Overhauled the internal Confluence docs space, ensuring working instructions were up-to-date.
- Advocated for accessibility.
My manager at Visit kindly provided a testimonial.